Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fools Day Dinner

I experienced limited success trying to give my children fun jokes today. I tried to redeem myself at dinner. Early in the day I unveiled the menu. Backwards, of course, because it is a crazy type of day.

Strawberry-Banana Lemonade
Cupcakes with a side of Broccoli Salad
Eggs over easy, their favorite
and for dessert, Grilled Cheese Sandwiches

We dressed in our most foolish finery.

We dined at a most foolish table. Ties hung from the chandelier, boots held flowers, and the side dishes rode on trucks. (I love hot glue!) It was so fun to give the little truck a push and see it roll to the next person!

Ladybug kept flatulating when she moved. (poor girl was sitting next to me and I was thrilled to work a push button whoopee cushion for the first time so I got a little carried away).


Two at our table kept spilling their water because they had holes poked under the rim of their cups.

After dinner, we played truth or dare. Dad ran around the yard in his finery squawking like a chicken. We found that Ladybug's teacher caught her picking her nose. Sunshine stood on her head and drank water... and then went nuts with the whoopee cushion which was her favorite part of the evening.

Dinner was consumed. Everyone loved it. YEAH!!!!!

Cupcakes were meatloaf cupcakes frosted with garlic mashed potatoes dyed a lovely pale purple.

The Strawberry Lemonade was difficult to slurp through a straw, though we all had a great time trying, because it was jello.
Grilled Cheese Sandwiches really were what they seemed. I just made the sandwiches with toasted angel food cake and the cheese was strawberry cream cheese mixed with Cool-Whip and dyed a lovely orange. Finally my sort of success on April Fool's.

4 comments:

  1. wonderfully creative! How do you come up with all your good ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoopie cusion would have been a favorite heretoo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fantasticly silly evening! A success!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhhhhhhhhh mmmyyyyy ABSOLUTELY WONDERFULLY ADORABLE! WHAT A GREAT MEMORY!! SOOOOO INVENTIVE!!! I REALLY just LOVE IT ALL!!

    ReplyDelete